Re: Drop textmode from setup?

 > At least, it's about time to publish the latest setup version with
 > the improved interface which very explicit recommends UNIX mode.

Bravo, ...... finally

Ciao
  Volker
--- Begin Message ---
I mean it!

I don't want to drop textmode support from Cygwin(*), but why do we
still give the user the choice in the first place?  If the user can't
choose textmode in the base installation, we will have a lot more
sane binmode installations in future and people will use textmode
only if they (think they) know what they are doing.

At least, it's about time to publish the latest setup version with
the improved interface which very explicit recommends UNIX mode.

Venting,
Corinna

(*) That's a lie, of course.

Red Hat, Inc.