Re: [ITP] libmad/libmad0/libmad-devel: A high-quality MPEG audio decoder

On Sep  7 18:11, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to contribute and maintain the libmad/libmad0/libmad-devel packages:
>
>  * http://www.underbit.com/products/mad/ (Homepage)
>  * ftp://ftp.mars.org/pub/mpeg/  (Download location)
>

> Ciao
>   Volker
>
> --
>
> Here are the setup.hint files:
>
> libmad:
> =======
>
> sdesc: "A high-quality MPEG audio decoder"
> ldesc: "MAD (libmad) is a high-quality MPEG audio decoder. It currently supports
> MPEG-1 and the MPEG-2 extension to Lower Sampling Frequencies, as well as
> the so-called MPEG 2.5 format. All three audio layers (Layer I, Layer II,
> and Layer III a.k.a. MP3) are fully implemented.

Is it safe to assume that we don't get into trouble due to patenting,
intellectual property, or any other related crap?

I have a working version of LAME compiled and ready for distribution
on my local box, but I'm reluctant to put this into the distro for
the above reasons.

Red Hat, Inc.