Re: [ITP] libmad/libmad0/libmad-devel: A high-quality MPEG audiodecoder

    > Is it safe to assume that we don't get into trouble due to patenting,
    > intellectual property, or any other related crap?

Well this is the file COPYRIGHT from the source distribution, so I think yes:

 libmad - MPEG audio decoder library
 Copyright (C) 2000-2004 Underbit Technologies, Inc.

 (at your option) any later version.

 Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA

 If you would like to negotiate alternate licensing terms, you may do
 so by contacting: Underbit Technologies, Inc. <info@underbit.com>

    > I have a working version of LAME compiled and ready for distribution
    > on my local box, but I'm reluctant to put this into the distro for
    > the above reasons.

That was on my list next :-)

    > Corinna

Ciao