This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup 2.510.2.1 does nor work!
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 18:40:03 -0700
- Subject: Re: Setup 2.510.2.1 does nor work!
- References: <Pine.OSF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
Bug reports for setup.exe should be sent to cygwin-apps@, not cygwin@.
Please direct replies to cygwin-apps@.
Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> But it fails when 'parsing ini file': a popup window appears saying:
> Application error: cygwin setup
> The instruction '0x009501bd' has referenced the memory '0x9524aaf4'
> The memory cannot be 'written'.
> OK to terminate , Cancel to debug...
This one I'm not sure about.
> Fatal error: uncaught exception
> Thread: DialogProc
> Type: 9Exception
> Message: Package validation failure for
> AppErrNo: 1
But this means that a file in your local cache has a size that does not
agree with setup.ini. Check setup.log.full for details. You should be
able to just delete the offending file.
I was not aware that any of this package validation code was touched
since the last version. In any case, bailing on an invalid package is
not very friendly, so I will have to see if there is a better way to
handle it. It will probably involve automatically deleting the cached