Neon packaging of multiple versions

Neon is a library that is still in development, with an API which is still evolving. Thus, it is necessary to package multiple versions to support programs which will not always build against the latest API.

For the most part this is not a problem. The current libpng packages use the alternatives system to manage exactly this kind of issue.
However, the complication on which I am asking for advice is this: neon includes manpages. The alternatives system doesn't seem like a good way to handle this, because there are many manpages, and the exact list of names isn't guaranteed to be constant across multiple versions of neon.

Unless anyone has a better idea, I think I will have to handle this by inserting the version into the manpage file names - for example, the manpage ne_malloc would be installed as ne24_malloc by the 0.24.x package, and as ne25_malloc by the 0.25.x package.

Max.