Re: Anyone looking at the 'setup.exe' 2.510.2.1 crashing problem?

Dave Korn wrote:

>   Or perhaps that "__result may be used uninitialised" warning in the stl
> stuff is for real after all, and the iterator is actually returning an
> uninitialised value.

Sadly, it looks like something really is broken in gcc 3.4.4, and this
warning is not benign.  By inserting a bunch of debug statements, I
found that the crash induced with cgf's steps occurs at the "ExitThread
(0)" at the bottom of do_ini_thread_reflector.  I installed gcc 3.3.3
and can no longer reproduce the crash.

See also <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-09/msg00159.html>.  It looks as
if there might be problems with STL code and -O2 and sjlj exception
handling.

I'm going to release a setup.exe built with 3.3.3 right now, as a
temporary work around.

Brian