Re: Checked in a sort of 'setup.ini/setup.hint' lint script

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 10:29:35PM -0700, James R. Phillips wrote:
>--- Christopher Faylor  wrote:
>>I've checked in a setup.exe ini file/hint file parser into the
>>cygwin-apps repository:
>>

>Oh, I think I see now what you have in mind.  Start a local repository
>with a net install, then add some local packages to it temporarily with
>genini, and do an install from the local directory to test the local
>packages.  Next net install will wipe the local packages out of
>setup.ini.
>
>If that's what it is for, I guess you don't need more functionality to
>write an initial setup.ini.  It makes a way to test some local packages
>with setup.exe, without creating an entire new package repository for
>them.

As the subject says, what I had in mind was a "lint" program for people
who want to make sure that their setup.hint files are correct, i.e.,

genini --output=newsetup.ini setup.ini `find octave -name 'setup.hint' -printf "%h\n"`

You don't need a whole copy of the repository.

As usual, it's a good idea to *try it* before speculating about what it
does.

cgf