Re: Tooltip delays (was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Cygwin setup.exe bugfix release 2.510.2.2)

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> Huh, for some reason I was under the mistaken impression that the tooltip
> stayed shown for the duration of the delay even if the mouse left the
> control...  I just verified that it works as you described -- so a long
> default delay is fine too.  You can simply insert
>
> SendMessage(TooltipHandle, TTM_SETDELAYTIME, TTDT_AUTOPOP, 32767);
>
> into ActivateTooltips() and scrap my patch (though I kinda like the fact
> that tooltips disappear faster, just in case I want to keep my mouse on a
> button for a while).

I checked in a patch along these lines.  Though for lParam I used
"MAKELONG (30000, 0)" for 30 seconds since that seemed a little more
readable and is the style that MS docs use.  Tested with XP, 2k, and 98.

Also someone mentioned that the text "obsolete and administrative
packages" might cause confusion with the "Admin" category.  So I changed
it back to just "Hide obsolete packages" but added a tooltip that
explains in more detail what the option means.

Brian