Re: [GTG] Re: ITP: bzr -- Next-generation distributed GNU Arch compatible version control (Python)

Eric Blake <ebb9-PGZyUNKar/Q@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Indeed you are correct - the latest source tarball can recreate the binary
> package.  ... I went ahead and uploaded it, so send an announcement to
> cygwin-announce.

Thanks,

Could you re-upload it once more. I just noticed that bzr did not
contain manual page, so I added one from Debian (it's not Debian
specific) and rolled out new archives:

  wget --non-verbose        \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/bzr/setup.hint \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/bzr/bzr-0.0.7-1.tar.bz2.sig \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/bzr/bzr-0.0.7-1.tar.bz2 \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/bzr/bzr-0.0.7-1-src.tar.bz2.sig \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/bzr/bzr-0.0.7-1-src.tar.bz2

| >   $ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/cygbuild co cygbuild
| >   passoword: [return]
| >   $ cd cygbuild ; make install-cvs
>
> where bleeding edge CVS is
> more important than snapshots that are quickly outdated.

Btw, that "make cvs-install" in "soft", meaning that it only draws
symlinks in order to keep "cvs up" calls reflect new changes.

I plan to add features that make it easy to wrap up tarballs directly
from CVS/SVN/etc repositories. This makes it easy to follow projects
that use Version control tools - in stead of need to monitor web pages
to see if there are new releases.

If there is anything in the manual page that doesn't explain the
usage, I'll try to draw more pictures.

  http://cygbuild.sourceforge.net/doc/cygbuild.html

Jari