Re: Packaging of gettext message catalogs (.mo files)

Eric Blake wrote:

> How should 'cygcheck -c' react to a metapackage removing unused .mo files?
>   It doesn't really bother me to have unused language messages installed,
> but not everyone thinks disk space is cheap.

You could have the purge script remove the files from the .lst manifest,
so that cygcheck doesn't complain about missing files.  Or, it could
just "cp /dev/null" on top of them to reset their size to 0 bytes
(though I don't know if that would do weird things if you set LANG to
one of the purged locales and then ran the program.)

Brian