Re: lesstif

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> Brian Ford wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
> >>lesstif (won't do new versions)
> >
> > Since I've been trying to get you to release a new one of these for a
> > while now, does this mean I can have it?
>
> Sure, but, if you take lesstif you have to also take responsibility for
> nedit, which doesn't mean that you have to maintain it, but you have to
> recognize that a lesstif release that works for an in-house app but
> makes nedit crash upon opening a document is unacceptable.

Agreed, but...

> That's pretty much why the lesstif package is stuck where it is: it
> didn't work with nedit.

We must have a mis-communication here.

I told you (as quoted below) that my build of your unmodified
lesstif-0.94.4 package worked for all our in-house applications as well as
nedit.

I suspected that you were using an outdated compiler or binutils package,
and that was what caused your nedit issue.

Do you want to look into this, or do you just want to give lesstif to me?