Re: lesstif

Brian,

Brian Ford wrote:
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

Brian Ford wrote:

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

[snip]

That's pretty much why the lesstif package is stuck where it is: it
didn't work with nedit.

We must have a mis-communication here.

I told you (as quoted below) that my build of your unmodified
lesstif-0.94.4 package worked for all our in-house applications as well as
nedit.

I suspected that you were using an outdated compiler or binutils package,
and that was what caused your nedit issue.

Hmm... no, I confirmed back, I believe, that I had the latest compiler and binutils and I think we left it at that. Since there is confusion about what is on both of our machines, the best thing for you to do would be to take a clean Windows image under VMWare, install Cygwin on it, compile the two packages and see what happens. Make sure that you do more with nedit than just opening it up... you actually need to open some files and play around in order to get it to crash (sometimes).

Do you want to look into this, or do you just want to give lesstif to me?

If you agree to some sort of verification that nedit works, its yours. No need to reply back, just take it if you agree.

Harold "No need to CC me in replies" Hunt