setup: how to handle circular dependencies?

Hi Setup maintainers,

I need some circular dependencies, i.e. gcc-core requires gcc-core-mingw
because -mno-cygwin will not work without the mingw version of the gcc
runtime.  However, the gcc-core-mingw package only includes the runtime
which needs gcc-core to be useful.

Now I see that uninstalling these two packages seems to be impossible in
one turn because the chooser circles from the installed version through
'reinstall', 'source', 'previous version' to 'uninstall' where the
reinstall or previous versions always pulls the dependenciy which was
toggled to 'uninstall' and the other way round.

I must call setup twice to completely uninstall gcc or to downgrade gcc.

Is this handled in the latest setup.exe release?

Maybe I should include the mingw gcc runtimes in the main gcc packages?

Gerrit -- =^..^=