Re: [not GTG] Re: ITP: bogofilter -- Statistical Bayesian spam filter

Eric Blake <ebb9-PGZyUNKar/Q@public.gmane.org> writes:

Thanks for having the time to review,

| > | sdesc: "bogofilter - Statistical Bayesian spam filter."
| > | ldesc: "Bogofilter is a Bayesian spam filter that classifies mail as
|
| setup.hint's sdesc: is redundant (don't list your
| package name as the first word, or setup.exe will show "bogofilter:
| bogofilter - Statistical Bayesian spam filter.")  Also, I think the common
| practice is for sdesc to not end in '.'

Fixed.

| Binary package:
|
| etc/postinstall/bogofilter.sh:
| -typo s/CYGIN/CYGWIN/
| -Install() used a wildcard to find the file, which is not safe - spell out
| the full directory name.

Fixed

| -Install() only creates /etc/bogofilter.cf once, but if the user does not
| touch this file, then when they upgrade bogofilter, they should get the
| latest and greated bogofilter.cf instead of being stuck with the one from
| their first download.

This is a problem that I have no solution. Can you share your thoughts
how this could be done intelligently? The problem I see is:

   If /etc/xxx.conf is already there, there is no way knowing if this
   has remained the same or if user has made changes to it. The new

Cygwin does not have conflict resolution of /etc/ file like seen in Debian,
so it is more safer to just let user to check under /usr/share/doc/<package>
for new features.

| usr/share/doc/Cygwin/bogofilter-0.96.1.README:
| -readme mentions bogofilter-0.92.4-1 internally - make this consistent
| -file listing in the readme omits the scripts in /usr/bin
| -typo s/licence/license/.  However, I like the idea of adding License: and
| Language: sections to the generic package template.

Fixed.

| -the generic template mentions that the upstream docs are available in
| /usr/share/doc/<package>-<ver>/

This can be seen from the "Files included in the binary distro:' listing.

| Source package:
| -why is the binary package included inside the source package?

Fixed.

| -'bogofilter*.sh all' failed with:
| libbogofilter.a(lexer.o): In function `text_decode':
| /tmp/bogofilter/bogofilter-0.96.1/.build/build/src/lexer.c:480: undefined
| reference to `_iconv_close'
| Did something go wrong in detecting -liconv?  Which also means your
| setup.hint should probably depend on libiconv2.

Added, thanks.

I've rolled up new archive.

Jari

A) Use this:

  wget --non-verbose        \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/bogofilter/setup.hint \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/bogofilter/bogofilter-0.96.1-1.tar.bz2.sig \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/bogofilter/bogofilter-0.96.1-1.tar.bz2 \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/bogofilter/bogofilter-0.96.1-1-src.tar.bz2.sig \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/bogofilter/bogofilter-0.96.1-1-src.tar.bz2

B) or use this

  gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 955A92D8

  mkdir bogofilter ; cd bogofilter
  rm -f get.sh get.sh.sig
  wget -q http://cygwin.cante.net/bogofilter/get.sh \
          http://cygwin.cante.net/bogofilter/get.sh.sig