libming and ploticus

I'm considering packaging ploticus for Cygwin.  Ploticus can output
images in many formats, including SWF, but SWF requires libming, which
isn't currently in Cygwin.  I found this thread from Reini Urban,
about packaging libming for Cygwin:

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2004-09/msg00315.html

Reini, do you still intend to package libming for Cygwin?  (Or is
anyone else interested?)  I could take a hack at it myself, but that
old thread suggests that there are a lot of packaging considerations
that you had already worked on.

For ploticus, libming isn't essential at all, but it would be nice to
include the SWF output capability.  For that, all I would need is
libming.so, plus the header files to build ploticus.

Thanks,
Andrew.