Re: libming and ploticus

Andrew Schulman schrieb:
I'm considering packaging ploticus for Cygwin.  Ploticus can output
images in many formats, including SWF, but SWF requires libming, which
isn't currently in Cygwin.  I found this thread from Reini Urban,
about packaging libming for Cygwin:

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2004-09/msg00315.html

Reini, do you still intend to package libming for Cygwin?  (Or is
anyone else interested?)  I could take a hack at it myself, but that
old thread suggests that there are a lot of packaging considerations
that you had already worked on.

For ploticus, libming isn't essential at all, but it would be nice to
include the SWF output capability.  For that, all I would need is
libming.so, plus the header files to build ploticus.

I have both ploticus and libming at my repository. I use it very often for phpwiki.
libming is very unstable but okay as static lib,
ploticus very stable.

I don't really want to propose ploticus, because pl.exe is already
given to SWI-Prolog, so I'm happy using it internally.
  http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=pl.exe
And I don't really want to change the name to ploticus.exe

The problems with other attempts to package ploticus was
the bad location of the required prefabs and the samples.

 /usr/bin/pl.exe
 /usr/lib/libploticus.a
 /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/ploticus-2.30-2.README
 /usr/share/doc/ploticus-2.30-2/Copyright
 /usr/share/doc/ploticus-2.30-2/FreeType2
 /usr/share/doc/ploticus-2.30-2/GPL.txt
 /usr/share/doc/ploticus-2.30-2/README
 /usr/share/doc/ploticus-2.30-2/stock.htm
 /usr/share/doc/ploticus-2.30-2/volunteers.htm
 /usr/share/doc/ploticus-2.30-2/gallery/* 	(samples from pl230gal)
 /usr/share/doc/ploticus-2.30-2/index.html
 /usr/share/doc/ploticus-2.30-2/doc/* 		(website from pl230docs)
 /usr/share/fonts/fdb/Bitstream Vera Sans Mono-B-I.fdb (for SWF)
 /usr/share/fonts/fdb/Bitstream Vera Sans Mono-B.fdb
 /usr/share/fonts/fdb/Bitstream Vera Sans Mono-I.fdb
 /usr/share/fonts/fdb/Bitstream Vera Sans Mono.fdb
 /usr/share/fonts/fdb/Bitstream Vera Sans-B-I.fdb
 /usr/share/fonts/fdb/Bitstream Vera Sans-B.fdb
 /usr/share/fonts/fdb/Bitstream Vera Sans-I.fdb
 /usr/share/fonts/fdb/Bitstream Vera Sans.fdb  (the default)
 /usr/share/fonts/fdb/Bitstream Vera Serif-B.fdb
 /usr/share/fonts/fdb/Bitstream Vera Serif.fdb
 /usr/share/ploticus/README
 /usr/share/ploticus/*.pl (prefab ploticus scripts, not perl!)
 /usr/share/ploticus/GraphPopups.js (additional SVG javascript hooks)
 /usr/share/ploticus/ViewBox.js
 /usr/share/ploticus/pltestsuite/*

I would be happy if you would like to propose it, but not so happy if you leave out the prefabs, docs, samples and testsuite.

I forgot if Bitstream Vera is in any other package yet. package-grep doesn't find it. Should be so.

Maybe like this?
/usr/bin/ploticus.exe
postinstall.sh:
  test -f /usr/bin/pl || ln -s /usr/bin/ploticus /usr/bin/pl
--
Reini