Re: 2nd summary (was Re: [HEADSUP] ALL Maintainers, please reply.)

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

Since ncurses is in category Base, perhaps we should drop the clear package
from the distribution, and allow ncurses clear to take the place of this
package?
It looks like the standalone clear might have been a temporary workaround,
before ncurses was ported.

If by dropping you mean "obsolete" -- I agree.  Release a new, empty
"clear", in the "Obsolete" category, and at the same time rename "clearn"
from ncurses to "clear"...  Chuck, what do you think?
	Igor

Fine by me (as stated in my earlier message. I gotta start reading the list last-first...) I'd like to get a go-ahead from cgf/Corinna/existing-clear-package-maintainer first, tho.

--
Chuck