Re: 2nd summary (was Re: [HEADSUP] ALL Maintainers, please reply.)

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 11:19:36PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>There is no clear maintainer.  I was asking if you'd be interested in
>>making this available via ncurses.
>>
>>If you release a new version of ncurses which contributes a 'clear',
>>I'll delete the clear package.
>
>I've got a new release of ncurses which contains /usr/bin/clear.exe
>ready to go (but not yet copied into /release).
>
>Go ahead an put an empty clear package up on sources (clear-1.0-2 ?) and
>we'll let that propagate, and then I'll move my new ncurses over to
>release/.

I know that there was some talk of releasing an empty clear package but
I don't see how that would be useful.  If I do that then we stand the chance
of eliminating clear.exe when the clear package is "updated", meaning that
we could conceivably remove the clear.exe that ncurses installed.

I think the only thing we can do is remove clear from the distribution.

cgf