Re: [ITP] ploticus, libploticus, ploticus-common, ploticus-doc (revised)

On Sep 29 14:54, Schulman.Andrew@epamail.epa.gov wrote:
> I would like to package and maintain ploticus for Cygwin.  Ploticus is
> command-line software for creating plots and graphics, similar to
> gnuplot.
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/ploticus/setup.hint
> http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/ploticus/ploticus-2.32-1.tar.bz2
> http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/ploticus/ploticus-2.32-1-src.tar.bz2
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/libploticus/setup.hint
> http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/libploticus/libploticus-2.32-1.tar.bz2
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/ploticus-common/setup.hint
> http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/ploticus-common/ploticus-common-2.32-1.tar.bz2
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/ploticus-doc/setup.hint
> http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/ploticus-doc/ploticus-doc-2.32-1.tar.bz2
> http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/ploticus-doc/ploticus-doc-2.32-1-src.tar.bz2

Packaging and setup files are looking pretty good to me, but I have two
questions.

I'm wondering if it really makes sense to have a README for every
subcomponent of ploticus.  Wouldn't it be more helpful to have just
one usr/share/doc/Cygwin/ploticus README?  Well, it's your decision.

You're only providing a static libploticus.a.  Doesn't ploticus also
support building and linking against a shared lib?

Red Hat, Inc.