Re: [ITP] Minor updates to singular-share, singular-help

On Sep 30 09:46, Oliver Wienand wrote:
> >>this updates had not become a version change in the Linux/Unix distro,
> >>therefore I just used the Cygwin release counter.
> >
> >Sorry, but I don't quite understand it.  Is it really ok to have new
> >help and share packages w/o also bumping the base packages?  When
> >you created these new packages, you certainly used new sources, too.
> >So, where are at least the matching source?
>
> I am not familiar with how things should be.

> As fas as I know there are real changes only in the libraries and
> therefore in the help. Also I have redesigned the chm file. Of course
> these changes are also reflected in the current source.
>
> But in the instruction for package maintainers there is a passage
> stating the source version must match the binary version. This would
> mean, that I must also upload the base package, whenever there is a
> change in the shares, help or icons, to keep the sources uptodate.

Correct.

> This is no more work for me, because locally I always created all packages.
>
> I have also uploaded the base bins and sources at:
>
> http://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/~wienand/singular/singular-base/singular-base-3.0.0-2-src.tar.bz2
> http://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/~wienand/singular/singular-base/singular-base-3.0.0-2.tar.bz2
> http://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/~wienand/singular/singular-help/singular-help-3.0.0-2.tar.bz2
> http://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/~wienand/singular/singular-share/singular-share-3.0.0-2.tar.bz2

If the sources change, you should always upload a new complete package
set so that the package numbering scheme corresponds with the source
package the binary packages have been created from.  This means, you
should also prepare a new singular-icon-3.0.0-2 package.

As for the singular-surf package, I don't know, it has it's own
source package, apparently.  However, you should also prepare a
new source and binary package set, since I just found that the
singular-surf source package on sourceware is broken.  Its size is
0 bytes, that can't be right.

Red Hat, Inc.