Re: [ITP] ploticus, libploticus, ploticus-common, ploticus-doc (revised)

> > You're only providing a static libploticus.a.  Doesn't ploticus also
> > support building and linking against a shared lib?
>
> If only a static lib is supplied, it should probably go into a package
> called "libploticus-devel" (along with the necessary header files), and
> not "libploticus".
>
> This is because the static library (and .la libtool libs, and .dll.a
> import libs) are only needed if developing a client application.  They
> are not needed at runtime.
>
> On the other hand, .dll files which are needed at runtime usually go
> into packages named "lib{foo}" or "lib{foo}N".

Maybe you're right.  I don't have much experience with library packages and so
overlooked this.  Do others agree?  If so I can change the package name.

To answer your other comment, no, I don't think it's too late to make the
change.  All that's required is to recategorize libploticus as _obsolete.  Or
maybe I'm walking into a minefield that I don't know about yet...

A.