Re: Trial plotutils packages again

James R. Phillips wrote:
OK, here is another try at packaging plotutils properly.  Please verify
correctness and upload if ok.

SUMMARY: one showstopper easily fixed. Everything else is a niggle.

Showstopper: the DLL packages are not bzip'ed, but they are named as if they are. Once this is fixed, GTG.

DETAIL:

Rebuilt from -src tarball with no problems.

These three packages are not bzip'ed. They are simple tarballs:

  tar cvf ${xmi_pkg} usr/bin/cygxmi-0.dll && \
  tar cvf ${plot_pkg} usr/bin/cygplot-2.dll && \
  tar cvf ${plotter_pkg} usr/bin/cygplotter-2.dll \

ftp://antiskid.homelinux.net/pub/plotutils/libplot2/libplot2-2.4.1-1.tar.bz2
ftp://antiskid.homelinux.net/pub/plotutils/libplot2/setup.hint

ftp://antiskid.homelinux.net/pub/plotutils/libplotter2/libplotter2-2.4.1-1.tar.bz2
ftp://antiskid.homelinux.net/pub/plotutils/libplotter2/setup.hint

ftp://antiskid.homelinux.net/pub/plotutils/libxmi0/libxmi0-2.4.1-1.tar.bz2
ftp://antiskid.homelinux.net/pub/plotutils/libxmi0/setup.hint

There's no need to list the files in the tarballs; in fact it's actually discouraged (because it always ends up getting out of date).

Files included in plotutils-2.4.1-1.tar.bz2

However, this one is missing a few docs (NOT a showstopper; just note for the next release)

+usr/share/doc/plotutils-2.4.1/COMPAT
+usr/share/doc/plotutils-2.4.1/KNOWN_BUGS
+usr/share/doc/plotutils-2.4.1/PROBLEMS

Files included in plotutils-doc-2.4.1-1.tar.bz2

OK.

Files included in libplot-2.4.1-1.tar.bz2

Actually, this one has been renamed to 'plotutils-devel' (see what I mean about these filelists getting out of date? <g>)

On a more substantive note, plotutils-devel is missing the static libraries.

+usr/lib/libplot.a
+usr/lib/libplotter.a
+usr/lib/libxmi.a

This is to be expected, as you configured using --disable-static. It's your decision of course, but why the omission? (NOT a showstopper)

Files included in libplot2-2.4.1-1.tar.bz2
Files included in libplotter2-2.4.1-1.tar.bz2
Files included in libxmi0-2.4.1-1.tar.bz2

 2) The large source patch is due to having to autoreconfigure the source
package
    after patching some of the autotools input files. See
CYGWIN-PATCHES/small.patch
    for the smaller set of source patches used prior to autoreconfigure.

Boy, after claiming to be an autotools novice you certainly weren't content to take my patches and run! <g> I am a little confused, tho: I found that with autoconf-2.59, I got too many warnings when re-autotooling unless I made the extensive changes you saw in my patch. Your patch to the two configure.in's is much simpler: are you using an older, less stringent autoconf, or are you just ignoring the warnings? (NOT a showstopper)

 3) C. Wilson maintained an earlier version of this package at
    http://cygutils.fruitbat.org/testing/ADOPT-ME/plotutils/

NOT a showstopper, but next time pls remove the URL; once packages have been adopted I delete them from the server so that link will be dead soon.

--
Chuck