Re: [ITP] smartmontools: monitoring S.M.A.R.T. disks and devices

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

Looks pretty much ok, except

- I don't like the versioning scheme.  You should keep the normal Cygwin
 subversion intact (counting from 1) and put the `pre2005...' string
 into the main version, in a way which allows easy updates without
 having to put "curr" and "prev" strings into setup.hint at some later
 point.  For instance

Accordingly in the source archive, so that the 5.34 release number is
not tainted. I hope that makes sense.

I selected 5.34 because PACKAGE_VERSION in current CVS is already set to 5.34, "make install" puts docsfiles in /usr/share/doc/smartmontools-5.34, programs output this version, etc.

If the above doesn't matter, I suggest to use

because it is not a 5.33pre-release but a release from current CVS snapshot which is based on 5.33.

- The postinstall script copies the file /etc/defaults/etc/smartd.conf,
but the file itself is accidentally in /etc/defaults.

Yes, thanks.

If you change this, the package is GTG, AFAICS.