This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Why no static GLIB/GLIB2 libraries?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 15:02:13 +0100
- Subject: Why no static GLIB/GLIB2 libraries?
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
I just figured that neither in the runtime, nor in the devel package of
GLIB and GLIB2 are any traces of static libraries.
Is there any good reson for that?
I'm asking since I'm going to prepare a package which would better be
linked statically to GLIB2. While I have no problems to link the
package dynamically against GLIB2, it would serve its purposes better if
it could get rid of any package dependency besides cygwin itself.
So, would it be possible to get updated GLIB/GLIB2 packages which
additionally contain static libs? There's precedent for that in lots of
Linux distros ;-)
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com