Re: "submission rules page" proposal [Was: monotone]

> >>    2. Announce on cygwin-apps@cygwin.com that you have the
> >>       package ready for uploading. Provide the URLs to all
> >>       package files to your mail. Just provide URLs for files
> >>       that have actually changed, i.e., it is not necessary to
> >>       provide a new link to a setup.hint file every time you
> >>       update your packages.
>
> Please mention that there is no reason to editorialize about the reason
> for the upload.  We trust you as the package maintainer (unlike cygwin bug
> reporters where we need at least 42 people to report a bug before we will
> even consider it a bug).  All that we need in this email is the raw
> details needed for uploading the packages to sourceware.org.  Again, maybe
> a template email message would help.

Also, mention that once a package has been uploaded, all
future uploads need to bump the version number (if re-releasing
the same upstream version, this means bumping the cygwin
release number).  That way, even if a -1 was available on the
mirrors only for a short time, then got pulled for some reason
(such as the recent cmake issue), anyone who managed to
download the -1 will see the -2 update, rather than getting
warnings from setup.exe about the checksum changing in a
repeat upload of a changed -1.

--
Eric Blake