Re: Updated: coreutils-5.93-2 [Attn base-files maintainer]

According to John Morrison on 1/21/2006 8:12 AM:
>>>A new release of coreutils, 5.93-2, is available for use, replacing
>> base-files now needs to be updated to use these new features in
>> /etc/defaults/etc/DIR_COLORS.  I suggest using "dircolors -p" as a
>> starting point.
> Do you think that this would be better in the bash package?  If not, I'm
> quite willing to update the file using dircolors -p, but I'll prob not
> tweak them from whatever comes out...

I think it would be fair for me to release coreutils-5.93-3 with
/etc/DIR_COLORS belonging to the coreutils package instead of base-files.
 That way, whenever the syntax accepted by dircolors changes in coreutils
releases, DIR_COLORS would automatically track it without your help.  But
that means we will need to coordinate the upload, so that the window of
time between when base-files removes the file and coreutils supplies the
file is minimized.

> I'll do a new release of base-files quite soon, Igor has sent me a change
> too.
> John.
> PS, hope it was OK to take this off list.  Reply to the list if it wasn't.

Because it involves a package release timing coordination, cygwin-apps was
probably the appropriate list.

- --
Life is short - so eat dessert first!

Eric Blake