This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin Setup: Fatal Error: Uncaught Exception
- From: Igor Peshansky <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:56:39 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Cygwin Setup: Fatal Error: Uncaught Exception
- References: <43D467F0.email@example.com> <43D46B88.FD612AE@dessent.net> <20060123112502.GB2188@efn.org> <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org> <43D52923.C90D9967@dessent.net>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
Moving to cygwin-apps, as this is likely to get technical.
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Brian Dessent wrote:
> Igor Peshansky wrote:
> > I've looked at this a bit. Here's the weird part: the error says
> > "Uncaught Exception", but all the throws of that exception appear to be
> > properly wrapped in try/catch blocks. So a simple "change exception into
> > an mbox" kind of solution won't work here. More debugging is needed.
> The reason for the box is that the md5 checking was changed to run in a
> different thread than originally designed (now in the main thread
> instead of the download thread IIRC) and that thread does not have any
> particular catch handler for that exception, only the TOPLEVEL_CATCH
> which punts with the generic error.
Do you mean packagemeta::ScanDownloadedFiles() calling
packageversion::scan(), which calls check_for_cached()? Then yes, this
isn't properly wrapped in a try/catch. I'd like to verify that this is
the culprit (when someone sends me the corrupt tarball), but I think I see
a proper fix for this. Will submit a patch shortly.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ Igor Peshansky, Ph.D. (name changed!)
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' old name: Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"Las! je suis sot... -Mais non, tu ne l'es pas, puisque tu t'en rends compte."
"But no -- you are no fool; you call yourself a fool, there's proof enough in
that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"