This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin Setup: Fatal Error: Uncaught Exception
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:18:03 -0800
- Subject: Re: Cygwin Setup: Fatal Error: Uncaught Exception
- References: <43D467F0.firstname.lastname@example.org> <43D46B88.FD612AE@dessent.net> <20060123112502.GB2188@efn.org> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com> <43D52923.C90D9967@dessent.net> <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Igor Peshansky wrote:
> Do you mean packagemeta::ScanDownloadedFiles() calling
> packageversion::scan(), which calls check_for_cached()? Then yes, this
> isn't properly wrapped in a try/catch. I'd like to verify that this is
> the culprit (when someone sends me the corrupt tarball), but I think I see
> a proper fix for this. Will submit a patch shortly.
Yes. It's easy to reproduce, just molest a package in your local
download cache so that it fails md5.