This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated: coreutils-5.93-2 [Attn base-files maintainer]
- From: Eric Blake <ebb9 at byu dot net>
- To: john at morrison dot mine dot nu
- Cc: cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 07:03:59 -0700
- Subject: Re: Updated: coreutils-5.93-2 [Attn base-files maintainer]
- References: <announce.43CCEB10.firstname.lastname@example.org> <43CCF197.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <43D253BF.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
According to John Morrison on 1/21/2006 10:09 AM:
>>I think it would be fair for me to release coreutils-5.93-3 with
>>/etc/DIR_COLORS belonging to the coreutils package instead of base-files.
>>But that means we will need to coordinate the upload, so that the window
>>of time between when base-files removes the file and coreutils supplies
>>the file is minimized.
> Agreed. I'll probably have a new package prepared by tonight, but to be
> on the safe side, how about if, in the [UPLOAD] request we ask that it not
> be done until the other package upload request is sent?
coreutils-5.93-3 now provides /etc/defaults/etc/DIR_COLORS. I will leave
it in test until your version of base-files is ready for upload. Be sure
that when you send the announcement to cygwin-announce that you remind
users of the potential of completely losing the file if they upgrade
coreutils before base-files; a cygcheck -c will show if either package is
incomplete and needs to be reinstalled.
An unrelated comment: Due to reinstating su.exe, coreutils now depends on
crypt. To date, no package in Base has had a dependency on crypt, so the
new coreutils does increase the size of the minimal cygwin install. Speak
up now if anyone has heartburn with this.
Life is short - so eat dessert first!
Eric Blake email@example.com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Cygwin)
Comment: Public key at home.comcast.net/~ericblake/eblake.gpg
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----