Please Upload: ghostscript-8.50-1

Cygwin Uploaders:

This is the first ghostscript release from a new maintainer (James R.
Phillips).

Files for uploading are located at:

ftp://antiskid.homelinux.net/pub/cygwin/release/ghostscript/ghostscript-8.50-1-src.tar.bz2
ftp://antiskid.homelinux.net/pub/cygwin/release/ghostscript/ghostscript-8.50-1.tar.bz2
ftp://antiskid.homelinux.net/pub/cygwin/release/ghostscript/ghostscript-base/ghostscript-base-8.50-1.tar.bz2
ftp://antiskid.homelinux.net/pub/cygwin/release/ghostscript/ghostscript-x11/ghostscript-x11-8.50-1.tar.bz2

I have maintained the packaging approach of the previous maintainers, which is
basically "Method 1" per the cygwin.com website.  The only significant change I
made was to move the source patch out of the CYGWIN-PATCHES subdirectory in the
source tree, and move it into the top-level directory, to avoid problems with
the patch referring to itself.  At some point in the future it would be good to
move the ghostscript packaging to "Method 2".

I have used the unofficial version of upset at http://cygwinports.dotsrc.org to
set up ftp://antiskid.homelinux.net/pub/cygwin with the proper mirror structure
to allow installation and test of this new version using setup.exe.  Some very
basic testing following local installation reveals no issues.  I don't claim to
have tested this comprehensively, but it does seem to work properly, e.g., from
the command-line as well as with xfig and epstool.

In proper accordance with cygwin policy, the "setup.ini" and  "setup.bz2"
files, along with the "release" subdirectory, will be removed from

ftp://antiskid.homelinux.net/pub/cygwin/

when I am notified the upload to cygwin.com is completed.  I have a release
announcement prepared which I will send to cygwin-announcements at that time.

Thanks,

Jim Phillips