Re: Source packages for Cyg versions of gcc-mingw-(core and g++)

Dave Korn wrote:

>   Yow.  I've been hacking my way through the gcc build script figuring out how
> it works and I hadn't managed to work out where the mingw stuff comes into it
> yet, now I guess I know that the answer is "It doesn't"!
>
>   Ok, guess I'll have to do something about that.  Thanks for pointing it out,
> Brian.  First things first, though: I'm only just getting on tops of how the
> current packaging works.

Also note the strange way in which gcc-mingw-* binary packages work --
when unpacked by setup.exe only a tarball+scripts are actually
extracted, which then later at postinstall/preremove time do the actual
work of unpacking/deleting, respectively.  I recall asking Gerrit why
this was at one point in the past but I do not recall the answer.  It
certainly seems to me that these could be done as standard packages
without this extra indirection, but I'm sure there was a valid reason
for it at some point.

Brian