Re: [ITP-adopt] ImageMagick - 2nd try

Christopher Faylor wrote:

Uploaded.  I left 6.0.4-1 as the previous version, even though you didn't
package it, based on your setup.hints.

I hate to be a wet blanket here but did you try this before uploading, Eric?

Well, I've tried it (briefly). convert.exe seems to work, as well as identify.exe. However, I can't get display.exe to do anything other than print out its usage/help message -- I've tried it both with no DISPLAY variable and no Xserver running, and with an Xserver and with DISPLAY=

I assume the former is "proper" as display.exe is not linked against any of the X libraries but is linked against GDI32.dll -- therefore I assume it uses native windowing.

Furthermore, there are some packaging issues in the main ImageMagick package:

The three files ChangeLog, LICENSE, and NEWS in /usr/share/ImageMagick-6.3.0/ should really be in /usr/share/doc/ImageMagick-6.3.0/. The former directory should be reserved for platform-independent support files, not documentation. I realize the current placement is the fault of the upstream package, but still...

More importantly, however, there is no /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/ImageMagick*README file.