This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Packaging error] Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mingw-runtime-3.12-1
- From: "Chris Sutcliffe" <ir0nh34d at gmail dot com>
- To: Cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 14:59:47 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Packaging error] Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mingw-runtime-3.12-1
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070404051157.GB16539@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <email@example.com> <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20070404161259.GA1795@calimero.vinschen.de>
> Anyway, here's a thought that might be useful (unfortunately it seems to
> need a change to man to work nicely*); rather than prefixing pages, add
> them to a 'mingw' section. This way you can find them with 'man -S mingw
> <page>', and users that felt so inclined could add 'mingw' to their MANSECT.
This sounds like a good idea to me.
I'm happy to put the man pages where ever it's decided they should be
(or don't put them anywhere if that's the preference). As to
modifying man, I'll leave that to the powers that be.
Just let me know where I should put them (or I can remove them from
the binary distribution, as I mentioned) and I'll gladly put together
a new release.