This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 2.510.2.2 : problem with cygwin installation ("mount : access denied")
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 09:49:31 -0400
- Subject: Re: 2.510.2.2 : problem with cygwin installation ("mount : access denied")
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 07:12:17AM +0000, bounce bounce wrote:
>I encounter some problem with cygwin installation.
>Well, I'm going to explain it.
>First, I've installed Cygwin full on my Windows XP operating system, and that was well.
>Next, I was needed to go on a previous version of gcc-core and others applications. So , I execute again the install executable of Cygwin. After having selected the version of these applications, I click to install the update of cygwin. But at this moment, the following message is displayed :
> MOUNT :
> access denied (acc?s refus? in French)
>I've tried to uninstall cygwin following the instructions given on the cygwin's website and I try to reinstall it.
>But I obtain always the same error message. That's the same thing if I try to clear the Windows XP registry with freeware to delete all the cygwin or gygnus keys.
>Could you help me please ?
Wrong mailing list. Use the main cygwin list as described at http://cygwin.com/lists.html .