This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] Setup: adjust copyright and fix the "installation finished" behavior for download-only mode
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 12:24:15 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Setup: adjust copyright and fix the "installation finished" behavior for download-only mode
- References: <Pine.GSO.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
Igor Peshansky wrote:
> The attached patch fixes the seemingly abrupt exit in download-only mode
> reported in <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-04/msg00251.html> (and also
> adds 2007 to the copyright range). The ChangeLog is below. Comments
> welcome. Please let me know if it's ok to commit.
Looks good, please commit.
I knew that copyright year display stuff would come up again. I'm
tempted to just remove it; I'm not really seeing what good it does to
display that to the user. And according to the GNU coding standards,
we're supposed to bump the copyright year in the header of any source
file whenever we make changes to it, which I don't think any of us have
been bothering with either. Sigh.