This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] perl-5.8.8
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 12:19:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ITP] perl-5.8.8
- References: <46788FF2.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <467AC247.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070628072338.GQ7379@calimero.vinschen.de> <46840CC7.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jun 28 21:32, Reini Urban wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen schrieb:
> >On Jun 21 20:24, Reini Urban wrote:
> >>Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes schrieb:
> >>>On Tue, June 19, 2007 7:24 pm, Reini Urban wrote:
> >>>>I want to it take over from Gerrit.
> >>>Thank you so much. If it were up to me, you'd get three gold stars.
> >>>>Please try to test it. It's a really weird build system.
> >>>>But I'm quite happy with this 5.8.8
> We had a routing problem this day. Please try again.
I'm just looking for the packaging itself. I'm not a perl programmer,
so I assume you're looking for creating a actually *working* perl
Ok, that's what looks not quite ok to me:
- Your package pollutes the /usr/bin directory with two versions of
*almost* every tool in the perl package, foo, foo5.8.8, bar, bar5.8.8,
etc. The former 5.8.7 package only created a perl5.8.8 parallel to
the perl exe, but all other binaries were only available without
versioning, same as in the Linux distros I have my hands on, btw.
Almost, because there are two variances:
- ld2, perlld, ptar and ptardiff only exist in the non-versioned style.
- psed and pstruct only exist in the versioned style.
- ld2 is not available in the perl package for Linux. Is that
binary actually for public consumption?
- The directory /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/auto, present in 5.8.7, is missing.
Everything else looks ok to me.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com