Re: GPLv3

On Jul  2 10:40, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > I'll try to get legal advice about Cygwin and the
> > GPLv3.
> All this licensing stuff gives me headaches.  I gave up trying to understand
> it long ago.

Unfortunately the wording of the GPLv3 got rather less easy to
understand than the GPLv2.  I can see why, but it's unfortunate
just the same.

> Corinna, whenever you or someone else gets legal advice about this, I'd
> appreciate it if a policy could be posted stating as clearly as possible for
> us packagers what we can and can't do, and what traps to watch out for, as
> regards the various licenses.

Sure.  I'm already in internal discussion but this might take a while
longer.  The GPLv2 vs. GPLv3 issue has a couple of implications for Red
Hat so changes will not be made lightheaded.  I hope a decision is due

In the meantime, treat the page as
state of the art, especially the open source permission clause.

Red Hat