This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] perl-5.8.8
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 19:11:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ITP] perl-5.8.8
- References: <46788FF2.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <467AC247.email@example.com> <20070628072338.GQ7379@calimero.vinschen.de> <46840CC7.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070702101906.GZ30973@calimero.vinschen.de> <468930A6.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jul 2 19:06, Reini Urban wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen schrieb:
> >- Your package pollutes the /usr/bin directory with two versions of
> > *almost* every tool in the perl package, foo, foo5.8.8, bar, bar5.8.8,
> > etc. The former 5.8.7 package only created a perl5.8.8 parallel to
> > the perl exe, but all other binaries were only available without
> > versioning, same as in the Linux distros I have my hands on, btw.
> This is intended and current practice for perl developers with a lot of
> different perl versions around to test their libraries against.
Erm... that's ok for *your* test and build machines, but this is a
stable release you're planning, not a test version.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com