This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITA] figlet 2.2.2 - Frank, Ian & Glenn's Letters (large letters on text screen)
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 13:41:03 -0700
- Subject: Re: [ITA] figlet 2.2.2 - Frank, Ian & Glenn's Letters (large letters on text screen)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
"Jari Aalto (Cygwin-bug#20070808T1355)" wrote:
> sdesc: "Frank, Ian & Glenn's Letters (large letters on text screen)"
I don't think this is appropriate for a sdesc. This is the *only* text
that a user will ever see about the package when using setup.exe so it
should be as concise and descriptive as possible. I very much doubt
that "Frank, Ian & Glenn's Letters" is how you would concisely describe
the figlet program to someone that has never heard of it before.
The current sdesc is simply "Program to create large letters on text
screen" and I think this is much better. This is not a place to get
cutesy with acronyms.