This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITA] figlet 2.2.2 - Frank, Ian & Glenn's Letters (large letters on text screen)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 17:13:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ITA] figlet 2.2.2 - Frank, Ian & Glenn's Letters (large letters on text screen)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <46BA2A5F.B1F87F02@dessent.net>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 01:41:03PM -0700, Brian Dessent wrote:
>"Jari Aalto (Cygwin-bug#20070808T1355)" wrote:
>> sdesc: "Frank, Ian & Glenn's Letters (large letters on text screen)"
>I don't think this is appropriate for a sdesc. This is the *only* text
>that a user will ever see about the package when using setup.exe so it
>should be as concise and descriptive as possible. I very much doubt
>that "Frank, Ian & Glenn's Letters" is how you would concisely describe
>the figlet program to someone that has never heard of it before.
>The current sdesc is simply "Program to create large letters on text
>screen" and I think this is much better. This is not a place to get
>cutesy with acronyms.