This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
setup.exe package chooser doesn't upgrade old packages properly
- From: "Thrall, Bryan" <bryan dot thrall at flightsafety dot com>
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 12:36:11 -0500
- Subject: setup.exe package chooser doesn't upgrade old packages properly
I'm trying to upgrade some pretty old packages, but don't want to
upgrade everything. Setup reports version 2.573.2.2. Downloading from
http://mirrors.xmission.com (in case that matters).
On Package Chooser screen:
1) Select "KEEP"
2) Click on "keep" for an installed package ("bash" -- currently 3.0-11,
older than the current "prev") to see the version (3.1-6) for upgrade.
3) Binary box is not checked!
I assume this is the wrong behavior, since it results in uninstalling
the package rather than upgrading it. Checking the binary box causes the
package to be upgraded.
I also had this problem with other packages, so it isn't bash specific.
Is anyone else seeing this problem?