This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: RXVT doesn't recognize ALT + Cursor keys
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 10:27:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: RXVT doesn't recognize ALT + Cursor keys
- References: <20070818085027.GA11939@calimero.vinschen.de> <20070818085925.GO28407@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070819074330.GA4166@calimero.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Aug 19 09:43, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug 18 12:27, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> > Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > >On Aug 18 10:50, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > >>It just doesn't work for a Cygwin rxvt window. For some reason it does
> > >>neither recognize Alt + Cursor, nor Ctrl + Cursor keys for me.
> > >^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > >scratch that, I was confused.
> > >
> > >Corinna
> > A real emacs person would use Alt-F (forward-word) and Alt-B (backward
> > word). ;-)
> As vi user I'm not a real emacs person. I'm using the cursor keys a lot
> in tcsh, especially to scroll through the history, so it's quite helpful
> to do all moving using the cursor keys in tcsh, imho.
> In the meantime I found that Cygwin's rxvt when running under X *does*
> recognize ALT + Cursor keys, and the escape codes are identical to rxvt
> under Linux.
> So, the question is this: Why does rxvt not recognize ALT + Cursor keys
> in Cygwin in native Windows mode?
I was going to look for this problem myself, but I'm not able to build
rxvt from source:
$ cygport rxvt-20050409-4 compile
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_LIBXPM -O2 -pipe -DDEBUG_STRICT -I/home/corinna/src/rxvt/rxvt-20050409-4/build/W11/X11 -I/home/corinna/src/rxvt/rxvt-20050409-4/build/W11 -I.. -I/home/corinna/src/rxvt/rxvt-20050409-4/src/rxvt/src -I. -c command.c -o command.o
In file included from command.c:49:
rxvt.h:58:19: xpm.h: No such file or directory
The file /usr/include/X11/xpm.h is present on my system, there's no
special xpm.h in the rxvt sources.
What am I doing wrong? Is it some sort of build dependency I'm missing?
OTOH, if you have an idea how to solve the ALT + Cursor key problem....
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com