This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITA] editrights 1.01-2 -- Alter Windows user rights and privileges from command line
- From: Igor Peshansky <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:29:31 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [ITA] editrights 1.01-2 -- Alter Windows user rights and privileges from command line
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20071213111902.GJ6618@calimero.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Dec 13 13:06, Jari Aalto wrote:
> > Adoption of package by Chris Rodgers. Note: the category was changed
> > from "Base" to "Util", since this does not seem to be essential package.
> This package is in Base for a reason. It is an essential package and
> used for instance in the openssh config script.
Then wouldn't it make sense to simply have all the packages that need it
depend on it?
OTOH, one of those packages is "cygwin" (since cygserver config should
probably use editrights as well), and that effectively puts it in
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ Igor Peshansky, Ph.D. (name changed!)
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' old name: Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the whole
Torah; the rest is commentary. Go and study it." -- Rabbi Hillel