Re: [ATTN] patch: maintainer, please update to 2.5.9

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 08:25:30AM +0200, Jari Aalto wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 11:04:19PM +0200, Jari Aalto wrote:
>>
>>>Would the package's maintainer ugrade to 2.5.9. The current does not
>>>handle correctly patches/files that use CRLF line endings. Trying to
>>>apply CRLR patch to CRLF file fails (bug in 2.5.8) and worse, causes
>>>the original file to be converted into LF line endings.
>>
>> Hmm.  Package maintainers for certain should not be distributing files
>> with CRLF endings.  I sincerely hope that your evaluation of "worse" is
>> related to a package that isn't in the cygwin distribution.
>
>It is. The original source package may contain CRLFs, so diff against
>is contains CRLFs as well.

It's hard to see why a UNIX-based source package would contain CRLFs but,
regardless, there shouldn't be any CRLFs in Cygwin packages.

I'm not arguing against changing patch but I'm cautioning you that if
you, or anyone, are including source (or binary!) packages in the cygwin
distribution which contain CRLFs that is a no-no.

cgf