Re: cygwin-services-helper [was: Re: [ITA] inetutils-1.5-1]

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Feb 27 00:34, Charles Wilson wrote:
[snip]

Wow, thanks for the quick implementation. Unfortunately I won't have time to look into this for now since I have to look into a Win2K problem with network paths.

No problem. I just wanted to see how hard it was going to be -- and since it was my suggestions: money, meet mouth. Turns' out it wasn't really that hard at all to extract the necessary bits. (He says, having done zero testing...)

(4a) rewrite syslog-ng-config to use it

Okay, thanks.

But actually, services which don't have to switch user accounts don't
really need it.

True, unless you want to create an unprivileged user for the service (unless, post-XP, even LocalSystem is considered "unprivileged"?)

Erm... why are all these functions called "csh_foo"? "Cygwin SHell"? It sounds so much as if these functions are csh functions. Maybe "cf" or "cyg" would be a better prefix?

Cygwin-Services-Helper.

Since this is a function library that will be sourced into other scripts, I was trying to make sure it was, as far as possible, namespace clean: prefixes on all function names and public variables, ensure to label function-local vars as 'local' so they don't "leak", etc.

--
Chuck