This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] rsnapshot 1.3.0 -- A local and remote filesystem snapshot utility
- From: Igor Peshansky <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Jari Aalto <jari dot aalto at cante dot net>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 19:07:32 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [ITP] rsnapshot 1.3.0 -- A local and remote filesystem snapshot utility
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Jari Aalto wrote:
> ... rsnapshot makes extensive use of hard links, so disk space is only
> used when absolutely necessary...
This will not be true on some non-NTFS filesystems (e.g., FAT). Perhaps a
note in the Cygwin-specific README to that regard is in order? FWIW, I
would also change the ldesc to indicate that hard links will only be used
on NTFS and whatever other systems support them (Corinna?).
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ Igor Peshansky, Ph.D. (name changed!)
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' old name: Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the whole
Torah; the rest is commentary. Go and study it." -- Rabbi Hillel