This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] csih-0.1-1
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 19:22:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ITP] csih-0.1-1
- References: <47CE07A2.email@example.com>
Charles Wilson schrieb:
cygwin-service-installation-helper provides a library of shell functions
that can be used by other cygwin packages that provide servers and daemons.
Usually, these other packages also ship with installation or
configuration scripts (such as: ssh-host-config, iu-config, cron-config,
etc). These installation scripts have similar requirements, and can
benefit from delegating common tasks to a common library. Like csih!
I have notices that some of the *-config scripts mentioned above are
posix-shell (#!/bin/sh) compliant. csih is not; it uses many bash-isms,
so any -config script that uses its facilities must be a #!/bin/bash
This package basically consists of a single file:
whose contents are derived from many sources:
ssh-host-config from the openssh package
cron-config from the cron package
exim-config from the exim package
iu-config and syslogd-config from the inetutils package
cygport from the cygport package
You can inspect the library without downloading and unpacking the
tarballs using this link:
Changes relative to the initial version posted here
1) documentation throughout
2) tested pretty heavily, but only on my (XP) system
3) renamed all functions to 'csih_WHATEVER'
4) use 'cyg_server' instead of 'cygwin_svc' as requested by Pierre
5) also look for sshd_server and cron_server
6) assimilated many functions from cron-config and exim-config
7) added debug and trace functions
8) added ability to suppress 'color', so that setup.log doesn't get
cluttered with escape sequences
9) re-wrote inetutils' iu-config and syslogd-config to use this library.
This is still very preliminary, and patches, comments, and suggestions
are both welcome and solicited.
Thanks, will be considered for the next postgresql package.