This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Patch for unattended setup (updated)
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: "Dr. Frank Lee" <rl201 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 17:01:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch for unattended setup (updated)
- References: <alpine.DEB.0.99.0804091715150.7705@gath> <47FD3D78.706B7B28@dessent.net> <alpine.DEB.0.99.0804100029430.7705@gath>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
"Dr. Frank Lee" wrote:
> I'm trying to compile from CVS and running into a few problems. Might I
> pick your brains, please?
Sure, but please use the mailing list rather than sending to me
> I see I should install some packages, which I do. I run bootstrap.sh which
> appears to run correctly, and ./configure with a number of options which
> appears to run fine. And then I run 'make', resulting in the command:
> test -f inilex.cc || /bin/sh ./cfgaux/ylwrap inilex.ll .c inilex.cc --
> flex -8
> failing with exit code 1.
> This is a clean install of cygwin and I'm rather at a loss to diagnose
> much further. inilex.cc certainly doesn't exist, so it seems the ylwrap
> script is failing but this is starting to get beyond my area of
inilex.cc is generated from inilex.ll by flex. The ylwrap script is a
wrapper for invoking flex and handling the renaming of the output file
to the correct name. I appears you don't have flex installed though, in
which case ylwrap can't do anything.
I see that README doesn't list flex as required, which I'll fix shortly.
BTW there is a similar thing with iniparse.cc being generated from
iniparse.yy with bison, which is also required when building from CVS
and not currently listed in README.