This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe missing mgwbz2-1.dll?
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: "Dr. Frank Lee" <rl201 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 05:41:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: setup.exe missing mgwbz2-1.dll?
- References: <alpine.DEB.0.99.0804101255480.7705@gath>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
"Dr. Frank Lee" wrote:
> Building from CVS goes cleanly but I am unable to run the resulting
> binary from cmd.exe:
> "setup.exe - Unable to Locate Component
> This application has failed to start because mgwbz2-1.dll was not found.
> Re-installing the application may fix this"
> If I run this from cygwin itself the application runs correctly,
> loading mgwbz2-1.dll from /bin. (Verified by renaming that dll file:
> setup.exe fails to start, error code 53.)
You're right, it should have linked with the static libbz2 and zlib. I
made a change in this area recently and didn't notice anything different
because I was using a cross compiler that doesn't have shared versions
of those libs in its sysroot. I just committed a fix that should take
care of it.
> I was expecting a stand-alone setup.exe - was that incorrect of me? I see
> setup/bz2lib contains only a CVS directory and nothing else, if that's
Setup used to have a bundled libbz2, but that was before there was a
MinGW libbz2 in the distro, so now we just use that.