Re: [HEADSUP] Let's start a Cygwin 1.7 release area

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
I will not further argue against using "Cygwin Project\Cygwin" or
just "Cygwin".

I guess the one name no one can strongly argue against is the one we're using right now: "perfect" or "outdated" as it may be, it has at least one reason to be (retro-compatibility).

PS: my only WinXP box is still waiting for his motherboard back from RMA... I'll try qemu to test cygwin-1.7 and, if it's not too slow, produce updated packages for both 1.5 and 1.7 (or is 1.7 "near enough" that is better to update that first?).

--
Lapo Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (OpenPGP & X.509)